Why I love Blair Waldorf

'Gossip Girl' is one of my all time favourite shows. In case you happen to live under a rock and aren't aware - Gossip Girl is a show which focuses on the lives of the elite and rich kids living in New York's Upper East Side. It's based on a book series of the same title by Cecily von Ziegesar. In my opinion the TV show is better, but anyway - let's proceed. 

Blair is a character on the show (well, obviously). She's smart, pretty, bossy, a bit of a control freak, completely adores the idea of revenge and always gets what she wants. She's the girl I want to be. The girl who can do absolutely anything she wants to do. On the show, Serena - Blair's best friend is the it-girl. The girl every guy likes, the girl who looks like a supermodel and the one for whom everything always goes right. 

But I've always liked Blair. She's so much more real and actually works for everything that she gets and thus undoubtedly deserves every single bit of it. Blair can be catty, bitchy and completely rude and that's why I like her so much. She's not perfect from any angle but she's also intimidating and never let's anyone take her for granted or use her as a doormat. 


She can be harsh and cold to most people but she actually has a heart not-so-deep inside. She genuinely cares for the people she loves and when she cares, she cares a lot. She's loyal and will do anything for them. 


So I decided to put together my six favourite quotes by her because's she's just so great. So here it goes:


1. "I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination." 

Image result for blair waldorf quotes


 She knows her worth and she won't settle for anything less than what she deserves. The kind of thought process I really need to inculcate into my life. 


2. "Ladies, you can get your tiny brains to rest. Once again the world has proven: Anything you can do, I can do better."


Image result for blair waldorf quotes


I love how sassy, confident and bold she is. All you have to do is believe in yourself.

3. "Once men have tasted caviar, it baffles me how they settle for catfish."



This is the quote that you keep reminding yourself of when the ex you hate to mention has moved on to someone new. It truly doesn't matter how they look, your ex has definitely downgraded from the bright and dazzling piece of caviar that you are to the sad, pathetic catfish that the girl happens to be. 

4. "Destiny is for losers. It's just a lame excuse for letting things happen to you instead of making them happen."

Image result for blair waldorf quotes


She has such a driven personality and is so focused and hungry for success. This is one of my favourite quotes when I really need to start focusing and working hard instead of waiting for things to happen to me. 

5. "We're not servants to our emotions. We can control them, suppress them, stomp them out like bugs."

Image result for blair waldorf quotes


Being emotionless and guarded and cold is important a lot of times and this quote reminds me just how crucial it is. 

6. "I was thinking total social destruction."

Image result for blair waldorf quotes


I love that smile on her face that she gets at the mere thought of revenge. This is what I keep in mind when I'm coming up with the most perfect getting-back-at people who don't know just exactly who they have messed with plans.

Blair Waldorf is forever going to be someone I admire and look up to, even if the show got over six years ago.After all, I can still binge watch Gossip Girl any time I like.

Comments

Popular Posts