Playlist for the dead: January

I just had an idea - albeit, an overused and super cliched idea but an idea nevertheless. I'm thinking of starting a monthly playlist, I must put my excessive waste of time in hearing music to some use by wasting some more time writing about it. Some of these songs on here might be old - like pretty, darn old (like 2010 old) but I'm putting it on this list because I just heard them recently.

And yes I realise January has just started and not ended so this idea is a bit stupid but nevermind, I'm still chugging ahead with it!

1. Fractures by James Mercy

Image result for fractures by james mercy
I absolutely love this song. The lyrics are completely on point - as dumb as that sounds. I love the beat and how it's fast paced. This song is perfect if you're pining over something but also don't want to hear sappy, slow country songs but more EDM stuff. It's even a perfect dance song (if you happen to like dancing - which I don't).

2. Something Bout You by Sir Roosevelt 

Image result for something bout you sir rosevelt

I discovered this band just recently and I actually like it a lot. This song is undeniably good with the unmistakable country twang and the incredible beat. This too is a decently paced song. It's just good. Even if you can't relate to the lyrics much.

3. Fairplay by Kiana Lede 

Image result for fairplay by kiana lede

This one is super sassy, has really sharp lyrics and is the best the tables have turned sort of song. Her voice is incredible and I'm glad I came across this gem.

4. On my way by Tobtok 

Image result for on my way by tobtok

It's again a vivacious pop anthem and the chorus is especially good. The tune is going to stick with you for a while and again, the lyrics are really great.

5. Love like Woe by The Ready Set

Image result for love like woe by the ready set

So I don't care that this song came out practically in 2010 and I heard it just a week ago - I love this song. The lyrics are catchy, the beat is so good and even though the video appears to be a bit weird with a lot of pop band boy with shaggy hair dancing - I like it. And you definitely won't regret hearing it - at least, I hope so!

6. Quarterback by Kira Isabella

Image result for quarterback by kira isabella

This song is epic. It's not EDM, it's not pop - it's more country than anything else. But I'm very sure that everyone who hears this is going to love it. It has a story to it and a meaningful one at that, which makes it so worth it. It has the whole high school cliche of the school Quarterback using the naive, innocent freshman girl - the message is so clear and conveyed in such an excellent way. I loved how everyone in the comments section of the Youtube music video supported people who had actually experienced something like this. It makes you realise you're worth so much more than the insignificant opinions of narrow minded, small town folks.

7. Used to be by AJ Mitchell 

Image result for used to be by aj mitchell lyrics

I genuinely couldn't believe that this song was sung by a fifteen year old. His voice is so mature for a kid. And then I found out that he had written the song when he was thirteen! I realise that's not so shocking in today's times when thirteen year old's are taking on the Billboard by storm (Grace VanderWaal) but it was still surprising for me because the song was so good. It can be a bit kiddish at times but it has a good beat and decent lyrics, it's worth giving it a hear. The tune stuck with me and so I actually had it on replay for quite a while, but that's probably just me.

8. Unforgettable by Thomas Rhett

Image result for unforgettable by thomas rhett

This one is truly my absolute favourite. The lyrics are excellent. His voice is incomparable. The video is amazing beyond words. It's a song I like a whole damn lot. He apparently wrote it for his wife - the lyrics are so sweet and it has such a nice beat, a great chorus - it's just really, really good. I actually like all of Thomas Rhett's songs and I wish he became even more well known. He deserves it all.

9. Moments by Tove Lo 

Image result for moments by tove lo

This song is a year or two old but it's definitely timeless and great (just like everything on this list - I know, my taste is impeccable). I know, it's a generic pop song but the lyrics are a great confident booster and very relatable even though Tove Lo is certainly not someone I can relate to in any way! The beat is good, the tune is catchy and of course, the lyrics are the best part.

10. That's so us by Allie-x

Related image

I love Allie-x. Her voice is so beautiful and this song is just incredible. It's genius. I love the lyrics, the tune everything. It creates an atmosphere and it makes you feel something, which is after all the main purpose of music - that is, to make you feel. I love all her songs but this one will always be my favourite. Even though, I heard this around a year ago I just had to add it to the list!

I hope at least one of these songs resonates with you all ( not that I expect anyone is even bothering to read all this - but I gotta pretend). And if you liked any of these or even hated them please, please comment so that I at least know that someone reads this shit!



Comments

Popular Posts