Bafta style review


BAFTA - The British Academy of Film and Television Awards took place a while back and I really couldn't help but gush over a lot of the fashion choices this time and so I decided to do a little style review (keeping in mind that I'm far, far from a fashion expert - in fact, I'm the polar opposite). Keeping up with the black dress code following from the Golden Globes and the Times Up movement, showing solidarity towards Gender equality and standing up against sexual harassment - this awards night too was resplendent with people in black.

Anyway, I'll dive right in. 

1. Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence  
I love, love this dress. It's Dior and looks fabulous on her. I love everything about it - from the complete classiness of the black and the white - whatever you call it. I love her makeup as well and the glittering, green Topaz (I'm assuming) ring just hypes up the entire look. Overall she looks so completely graceful and flawless in this - like utter perfection on the Red Carpet. 

2. Saoirse Ronan

BAFTAs 2018

I love Saorise as an actress and her personality, too is completely adorable (just checkout her Ellen Debut). But well, this isn't her best look. But that's not to say that I don't like it. I'm just not a huge fan of it. I like it from the top up. What I mean to say is that the transparent tulle train seems like a waste to me. It just adds way too much extra bling to an already gorgeous piece. Nevertheless, she looks beautiful and well - she's super talented so I'd definitely not worry too much about my clothes if I were her. 

3. Lupita Nyong'o

BAFTAs 2018

I like it. It's not bad. I love the gold and the black together. They blend really well. But what I did not like about it was the shape. It gives her a really box like shape. Even though her waist is like super thin - it's getting kind of blocked out by the weird cube shape she has going on. I love it from the waist up, but below that it would have looked good as a clinched waist train kind of dress, but I guess that would be too predictable. I guess I do like predictable. Sometimes going too out of the box isn't great. 

4. Natalie Dormer

BAFTAs 2018

I have no idea who she is but the second I saw this dress, I fell in love. It's stunning. It brings out her shape, it looks beautiful with all the tulle hanging off her - the choker is incredible - her blonde curls work perfectly with the dress and I really, really love it. 

5. Cressida Bonas 

BAFTAs 2018

Again, I have no clue who she is but I liked this dress. I like the whole layered, glittery skirt thing. It's very pretty and something I so desperately want to wear right about now! I'm not a fan of the glittery stuff on top, but I guess it works with the dress. Personally, I would have preferred a little less shimmer on top. I like the spaghetti straps - again, they are a perfect add on to this gorgeous piece. And I love, love her heels. So pretty. I love this whole entire ensemble a whole damn lot!

6. Angelina Jolie

BAFTAs 2018

I don't really like Angelina Jolie at all. It's probably because of the whole Brad Pitt thing combined with the weird vibes she gives me and all her weird tendencies and her plastic surgeries, but this look isn't too bad. It shows off her collar bones which are frankly pretty scary, because they are that sharp. It's very classy black. I like how simple it is and combined with the silver Opal shaped earrings, it's pretty. 

7. Emma Roberts

BAFTAs 2018

I like this dress. But I think I would chuck the boxy shoulders. What even is that? I'm no fashion guru and I have zero clue what that is doing on this dress? It seriously emphasises nothing and just looks weird. Other than that, I love the dress. I like her earrings and her silver clutch, it goes quite well with the outfit. I love her hair and her make up, it makes her look quite pink and fresh and dewy. I like it as a whole. 

8. Kate Mara

Kate Mara

I LOVE it. It's probably one of my favourites of the night. The design of the dress is pretty simple - strapless and a cinched waist and a nice ball gown type train. But the embroidery and the gold and her hair = perfection. Probably because it's Dior. I've noticed all the Christian Dior ensembles are looking really good. Her red clutch goes well with her auburn-ish hair. God, I would love to look like this! 

9. Margot Robbie

BAFTAs 2018

I really, really like this. Her waist looks soooo thin in this. I love halter neck dresses and so this has to be one of favourites. I like the embroidered netted stuff and her straightened blonde hair looks fabulous. This just brings out her slender, long limbed shape. I love it completely. 

10. Karen Gillan

Karen Gillan

First of all, I just have to say - she's so pretty! Her make up too is flawless and her hair is so glossy and shiny. Also, I love this dress and I really, really want it. I like her strappy heels and the cape like train and her silver stalagtite (or is it Stalagmite) type earrings. I really like this look a lot. 

So that concludes the end of my BAFTAs style review and even though I feel it wasn't too great, I felt really excited scrolling through all the pictures choosing the ones I liked best. Also, I'm super happy with the header I designed. (Feel free to comment if you hate it). And if you feel any of my 'fashion critic' is absurd and wrong please, please comment - I'll appreciate it a lot. 




Comments

Popular Posts